Eagle scout project "clearing" project at Flemer Arboretum

Sunday, May 31st, 10 am-4 pm

Greetings Friends,

As many of you may know, the Flemer Arboretum, located in the Mapleton Preserve/D&R Canal State Park, 145 Mapleton Road in Kingston, has fallen into disrepair and dishevelment. This once beautiful swath of land, punctuated by tree rows, has become overgrown with weeds and undesirable plants.

I desire, as I am sure you do, to see this land returned to its original splendor. I have taken on the task of helping to restore the arboretum as an Eagle Scout project. I can not accomplish this on my own. Therefore, I request your help in assisting me in my eagle project and in cleaning up this wonderful piece of park land.

Please, join me and other volunteers on Saturday, May 31st from 10 am to 4 pm, and also on June 6th and 7th to help clear a row of flowering crab apples from their shroud of vines.

For more information call Brian Dixon at 732-940-3101. The project will be postponed for a reasonable amount of rain, if you have doubts call the number above. If you can attend please email me at b.bri5@verizon.net, and put 'Eagle' in the subject line.

Thank you,
Brian Dixon, Troop 90

No comments: